With the adoption of the Common Core and Essential Standards, beginning with the 2012-2013 academic year, Bladen County will begin administering the following tests:
- READY EOG (End-of-Grade) Tests in Reading and Math to all students in grades 3-8,
- READY EOG (End-of-Grade) Science Test to all students in grades 5 and 8,
- READY EOC (End-of-Course) Tests in the following courses:
- English II
- Algebra I
- LEP (Limited English Proficiency) Tests are given twice per year, once at enrollment, and again in February/March to determine English proficiency for students whose primary home language is not English.
- Writing Tasks will be assigned for grades 4, and 7
The ACT will be administered to all 11th grade students on March 4, 2014
The PLAN assessment will be administered to all 10 grade students during the week of October 7th - 111th.
The EXPLORE assessment will be administered to all 8th grade students during the week of October 21nd - 25th.
The WorkKeys assessment will be administered to 12th grade students with a CTE Concentration.
Click here for more information on the ACT corporation.
MEASURES of STUDENT LEARNING /NC Finial Exams
New assessments titled: "NC Final Exams" will be administered to students in subjects/content areas that are not part of the State testing program.
In the 2011 session of the NC General Assembly, House Bill 48 was enacted. This bill eliminated the following End-of-Course (EOC) assessments beginning with the 2011-2012 school year: U.S. History, Civics and Economics, Algebra II, and Physical Science.
For additional information please contact Anthony Hinson (email@example.com) Testing Director, at 910 862 4136.