Home‎ > ‎

Kindergarten Registration

Dear Parent/Guardian,

We are looking forward to working with you and your child throughout their education with Bladen County Schools. The information on this page will be useful as you register your child for any grade, Kindergarten through 12th Grade. Please note that any child who will be entering kindergarten must be five years of age on or before August 31 of the entering school year. 

If you are a new resident, enrolling a student in school takes place at the local school in your community. Parents/guardians should bring with them the following: 

  • Birth certificate, or other proof of age 
  • Immunization record 
  • Proof of residence (such as, but not limited to, a Bladen County property tax statement, or a current lease/rental agreement, electric bill)
  • Proof of legal custody or guardianship
  • High school students enrolling in school should bring a high school transcript as well. 

It is important that we have all of the requested information so that we can best meet the needs of your child. Please bring the completed forms with you to the school that your will be attending.

Bladen County Schools will request school records from previous school. 

In order to enter kindergarten the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction and the Department of Health and Human Services require that every child have a physical exam and specific immunizations in order to enter kindergarten. Please call your child’s healthcare provider or the local Health Department to schedule an appointment. The North Carolina Kindergarten Health Assessment Report form is to be completed by your child’s healthcare provider at the time of the physical exam and is to be returned to your child’s school prior to your child beginning school in August.  
If you are a resident of Bladen County and prefer a school assignment for your child other than his/her assigned school, you may request a transfer by completing the Bladen County Schools In County Student Transfer Request.
If you reside outside of Bladen County you may request a transfer to Bladen County Schools each year by completing an Application for Transfer to Bladen County Schools.


In County Transfer Requests and Applications for Transfer to Bladen County Schools must be submitted, by June 1 for the upcoming school year.  Parents will be notified by mail of the decision before the beginning of the school year.

Enrolling Students (Non-routine)

In the following instances, persons wishing to enroll students in Bladen County Schools should contact the District Support Services Office for instructions:


* Student lives with individual other than parent(s) or court-appointed guardian/ custodian

* Student lives with one parent but wishes to attend school in the attendance zone of the other parent

* Parent(s) or court-appointed guardian/custodian lives outside Bladen County and wishes student to attend Bladen County Schools

* Parent(s) or court-appointed guardian/custodian is homeless or unable to obtain appropriate proof of address

* Student is at least 18 years of age and is financially independent

Kindergarten Enrollment

Kindergarten registration is held in the spring each year. Students who will be five years of age on or before August 31 may register in the elementary school designated by the domicile address of the parent(s) or court-appointed guardian/custodian.


Please visit our Kindergarten page to learn more about enrolling your rising kindergartner in one of our schools.


Students must register at the school in their attendance area until any transfer is acted upon.  No kindergarten student will be considered for transfer without first registering at the school to which he/she is assigned. 


Requests for transfers will only be approved when classroom space is available. Requests for transfer must be filed for each child regardless of previous family member school assignments.

Valerie Newton,
Mar 26, 2018, 9:15 AM
Valerie Newton,
Mar 26, 2018, 9:16 AM