Below you will find the basic information and requirements for registration.
- Payment will only be accepted online.
- Registration closes when classes are full.
- Students must be 14 ½ years old on or before the first day of class to participate.
- Students that are dismissed from driver education class due to behavior, attendance problems, or failure to complete work in a timely manner will not be allowed to take driver education a second time through Bladen County Schools.
In order to be guaranteed a seat in the class students are required to pay a $50 registration fee and complete the online registration form.
- The online payment button is found below the online registration form at the bottom of this page.
- You do not need a Paypal account to make your payment.
- In order to pay as a guest, choose the grey box that says, "Pay with Debit or Credit Card" to complete your payment as a guest.
From the list of scheduled classes, (upon registration) students must select a choice. Each class must have a minimum of 25 students. If the minimum participation is not met, the class may be postponed until it is filled.
For additional questions or concerns, call the BCS Driver Education Office at (910) 862-4136, ext. 10031 or the BCS contracted vendor for driver education:
Jordan Driving School of the CarolinasPhone Number: (252) 244-1220Website: https://www.
Where enrolled in school
Where to enroll
Where to receive
Driver Eligibility Certificate
In the district where they attend/enrolled in school
(not where they reside)
School they are enrolled
(not where they take driver education)
The public school district where the charter school is located.
(Exceptions –If enrolled in the NC Virtual Charter or the NC Cyber Academy student may take driver education in the public school district where they reside.)
From their charter school
The public school district where their private school is located.
From their private school
Online schools (are considered homeschooled)
The public school district where they reside
(must present verification form from NC DNPE)
From the NC DNPE
(Executed by the school administrator of home school - parent in most cases)
Not eligible for state's driver education program
Not eligible for state’s driver education program
Community college of enrollment
Obtaining your Driver’s Eligibility Certificate
In order to obtain your Driver’s Eligibility Certificate, you must complete the following steps:
- Successfully complete the classroom portion of Driver Education
- Successfully complete the Behind the Wheel Portion of Driver Education
- Obtain a Driver’s Eligibility Certificate from the appropriate entity (please refer to chart above). In order to obtain a Driver’s Eligibility Certificate, the student must meet both of the following criteria:
- Student must make adequate progress toward obtaining a high school diploma by passing at least 70% of the maximum possible courses each semester.
- Student must make adequate progress toward obtaining a high school diploma by meeting promotion standards of Bladen County Schools
- Upon issue, the Driver Eligibility Certificate is valid for 30 days.