One of the goals of our Community Affairs Department is to assist our news media partners and help facilitate the flow of information where possible.
The Iowa City Community School District requests that all media inquiries begin with the Community Affairs Department. Please do not directly contact principals or staff at individual buildings.
There are several advantages to making our Community Affairs Department your first point of contact:
We can direct your inquiry to the right person or department much more quickly
If certain people or resources are not available at the time of your call, we can often find other avenues for you
We can help to ensure that any students involved in your story have the appropriate parental permissions
Community Affairs Department participation ensures that school board policies are followed
Due to the large number of media requests we receive, it is necessary for the Community Affairs Department to manage the process in order to protect the student instructional day and minimize disruption of student learning.
Please direct all media inquiries to Kristin Pedersen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crowley ISD will work cooperatively with the news media for coverage of issues, crisis, general news and events involving the district.
Please respect the following CISD media guidelines that will ensure the integrity of our instructional day and allow us to provide consistent, accurate information to media representatives.
The following guidelines are in effect at all CISD facilities:
• All media inquiries should be directed to the Executive Director of Communications and Marketing at the CISD Administration Building at 817-297-5281.
• The Executive Director of Communications and Marketing should be contacted when a representative of the media visits a facility. If the media visits a CISD facility without prior approval, he or she should be asked to leave and sent to the Executive Director of Communications and Marketing. The campus administrator will be notified to coordinate an appropriate time and campus contact person for media visits.
• Cameras/reporters will not be allowed inside the facility unless the appropriate staff members have been notified and it is determined that such a visit will not be disruptive.
• Photographs and video may be taken by the media at the discretion of the campus administrator/Public Information Officer.
• The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) must be followed at all times. Each campus has a list of students whose “directory information” (i.e. name, address, picture) cannot be released per the parent/guardian’s request.
• The Superintendent or his designee shall be the official spokesperson for CISD.
Your cooperation with this matter is greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, please contact Anthony Kirchner at 817-297-5281.