Beginning Teacher Support Program
It is the goal of the Bladen County Schools Beginning Teacher Support Program to be aligned to the following Beginning Teacher Support Program Standards:
- Standard 1: Systematic Support for High-Quality Induction Programs – This standard is designed to promote the commitment of all stakeholders in seeing mentoring and induction programs succeed. Key program elements include the creation of an institutional plan, demonstrating institutional commitment, and support and principal engagement.
- Standard 2: Mentor Selection, Development, and Support – This standard articulates the process and criteria for mentor selection, discusses the mentor roles and responsibilities, and delineates foundational mentor training. Key program elements include mentor selection, defining the role of mentors, and mentor professional development.
- Standard 3: Mentoring for Instructional Excellence – Mentors are given protected time to provide beginning teachers with support to achieve success in the areas set forth by the North Carolina Professional Teaching Standards. Key program elements include providing time for mentors and beginning teachers, ensuring mentoring is focused on instruction, and addressing issues of diversity.
- Standard 4: Beginning Teacher Professional Development: Professional development is provided to beginning teachers that orient them to their new career and supports their efforts to meet the North Carolina Professional Teaching Standards. Key program elements include structured orientation to the school site, as well as professional development designed to meet the unique needs of beginning teachers that are aligned with the North Carolina Professional Teaching Standards, and the North Carolina Teacher Evaluation System.
- Standard 5: Formative Assessment of Candidates and Programs – New teachers and mentoring programs are monitored and supported using a formative assessment system to guide their work. Key program elements include formative assessments and program evaluation.
Bladen County Schools 2021-2022 Beginning Teacher of the Year
Bridgette Baldwin, Elizabethtown Middle School
Beginning Teacher Newsletters
November 2021 NCBT Newsletter
October 2021 NCBT Newsletter
September 2021 NCBT Newsletter
May 2021 Newsletter
March 2021 Newsletter
March 2021 BT Newsletter
February 2021 Newsletter page 2