Parents please teach your children these simple school bus safety guidelines. This will help them to understand the importance of good behavior on and around the school bus.
#1 Safety Rule: Always Stay Where the Driver Can See You!
Remember the Danger Zone Areas - 10' in the Front, in the Rear, & the Passenger Side outside of the bus.
- Be On Time (5 minutes early)
- Walk to the Bus, Do Not Run
- Stand Back From the Roadway
- Stop, Look & Listen Before Crossing the Road
- Stay In Your Seat
- Speak Quietly
- Always Obey the Driver (Follow Driver's Handsignals)
- Respect Other Students
- No Food or Drinks
- Use the Handrail to Exit
- Do Not Push or Shove
- Stay Within the Drivers View
- Always Cross 10 Feet In Front of the Bus
Please refer to the code of conduct booklets provided by Bladen County Schools for more details regarding the school bus passenger.