BCS Remote Learning Highlights (K-12)
• Students will have assigned times to meet with their teacher and classmates in video conferences throughout the day for instruction and support. Teachers will also provide recorded lessons for students to access at any time. The total daily amount of time for online interaction and digital assignments will be based on the age and grade of the student. In addition to digital assignments, students will be expected to interact with lesson content in hands-on ways that do not involve a device.
• School supply lists will include materials that students will use to support hands-on learning while at home.
• The school day will include time for physical movement as well as time to make meaningful social connections with teachers and classmates in a variety of engaging ways.
• Content will be delivered by a Bladen County Schools teacher and will include math, language arts (reading, writing, speaking and listening), science, social studies, art, music, STEM, and physical education, as determined by each child’s schedule.
• Teachers will give frequent feedback to both the student and the parent about the child’s learning progress. The teacher will support parents by offering ways that they can support their child at home during remote learning.
• Grades will be recorded for assignments and entered into PowerSchool on a regular basis.
last updated July 28, 2020
Content will be delivered by a Bladen County Schools' teacher and will include math, language arts (reading, writing, speaking and listening), science, social studies, art, music, STEM and physical education, as determined by each child’s schedule.
As many of you know, Star offers connectivity to most of our service territory. We also provide services to many customers in and around the towns and cities of our area. For those that do not subscribe to Star’s Internet services, we are installing over 30 FREE public Wi-Fi hot-spots around our service territory. Internet will be available from 8:00 am until 9:00 pm each night.
ECAC's Return to School Planning Guide features specific worksheets to help NC families as they prepare for how their children with disabilities will receive the services and supports outlined in their IEPs.