Skip To Main Content

Tuition Reimbursement

Guidelines for Tuition Reimbursement

Tuition Reimbursement Application


Full-time employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement for education and/or job-related coursework. Bladen County Schools will provide course reimbursements for the following:

  • Any additional coursework toward licensure or advanced degree

  • Certifications

  • Test Preparation Fees 

  • Test Fees

Bladen County Schools reimburses eligible employees 50% of their tuition, up to $850 a year.

*Questions regarding eligibility should be directed to Human Resources at 910-862-4136.

Required Documentation

  • Employees must submit a completed Tuition Reimbursement Application

  • Course grade sheet, transcript, score card, or certificate

  • Receipts with itemized costs and payments

Grade Requirements

  • To qualify for reimbursement, minimum grade of “C” or higher is required for undergraduate coursework.

  • Graduate, masters and doctorate certification students must make a minimum grade of “B” or higher to qualify for reimbursement.

  • Passing test scores are required for test fee reimbursement.

When to apply for tuition reimbursement
Eligible employees should apply for tuition reimbursement after the successful completion of their coursework.

Eligible employees must apply for reimbursement by the following deadlines:

Completed in

Reimbursement Application Deadline


January 15


June 15


September 15 

Applications received after the correlating deadline will not be accepted. 

Important Information
All reimbursements are subject to successful completion of the course, program, or test.

For courses that earn a letter grade, employees must earn a C or better to be eligible for reimbursement.

Any employee who terminates employment with Bladen County Schools within twelve (12) months after receiving tuition reimbursement must refund the entire amount of the reimbursement to the system by having the tuition reimbursement withheld from the last paycheck or by making full payment to the district. 

Tuition Reimbursement Application