Preparing Your Children For A Safe Bus Ride
Parents please teach your children these simple school bus safety guidelines. This will help them to understand the importance of good behavior on and around the school bus.
#1 Safety Rule: Always Stay Where the Driver Can See You!
Remember the Danger Zone Areas - 10' in the Front, in the Rear, & the Passenger Side outside of the bus.
- Be On Time (5 minutes early)
- Walk to the Bus, Do Not Run
- Stand Back From the Roadway
- Stop, Look & Listen Before Crossing the Road
- Stay In Your Seat
- Speak Quietly
- Always Obey the Driver (Follow Driver's Handsignals)
- Respect Other Students
- No Food or Drinks
- Use the Handrail to Exit
- Do Not Push or Shove
- Stay Within the Drivers View
- Always Cross 10 Feet In Front of the Bus
Please refer to the code of conduct booklets provided by Bladen County Schools for more details regarding the school bus passenger.