The mission of Bladen County Schools Career and Technical Education (CTE) Department is "To help empower students for effective participation in an international economy as world-class workers and citizens".
The mission of North Carolina secondary Career and Technical Education is "To empower all students to be successful citizens, workers and leaders in a global economy".
The mission of Bladen County schools is "Producing responsible citizens by educating all students with global skills needed for the 21st century."
Career and Technical Education fulfills this mission by:
- Preparing students for post-secondary education in career and technical fields and lifelong learning.
- Preparing students for initial and continued employment.
- Assisting students in making educational and career decisions.
- Applying and reinforcing related learning from other disciplines.
- Assisting students in developing decision-making, communication, problem-solving, leadership, and citizenship skills.
- Preparing students to make informed consumer decisions and apply practical life skills.
- Making appropriate provisions for students with special needs to succeed in career and technical education programs.
Notice of Coordinators of Title IX and Section 504 Compliance: BLADEN COUNTY SCHOOLS IS COMMITTED TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITY IN EDUCATION AND EMPLOYMENT AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF SEX, RACE, RELIGION, ETHNIC ORIGIN, OR HANDICAPPING CONDITION. Title IX Coordinator, Ms. Ann Brown or the 504 Coordinator, Mrs. Cheryl White-Smith at P.O. Box 37, Elizabethtown, NC 28337, phone (910) 862-4136.
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 prohibits sex discrimination in all aspects of all educational programs. In the Bladen County Schools the Coordinator of District Support Services has been designated as coordinator of the Title IX compliance activities. If you have a concern relating to sex discrimination in educational programming, you may use the Student/Parent Grievance Procedure described above or contact Ms. Ann Brown, Title IX Coordinator, P.O. Box 37, Elizabethtown, NC 28337, (910) 862-4136.