- All books and library materials are the property of Elizabethtown Primary School.
- Kindergarten students begin book check-out as needed.
- First and Second grade students, who are in good standing, may check-out 1 book per library visit.
- Third and Fourth grade students, who are in good standing, may check-out 2 books per library visit.
- Each student is responsible for the book(s) that he/she checks-out from the library.
- The student may not check-out if he/she has an overdue or lost book.
- If the book is lost or damaged, the student will be responsible for paying full price for replacement cost.
- Students that owe money for a lost or damaged book will not be allowed to check out another book until reimbursement has been made.
- Students are expected to follow School Library Media Center rules and show proper care of library books and materials. Students who consistently abuse materials or fail to follow rules are subject to lose his/her privilege to check out books or use the Media Center for a period of time to be determined by the Library Media Coordinator.
- Students must have library card to check-out books. Books may be renewed once. The book must be presented to be renewed. Replacement cards will have a fee ($0.50) to cover materials.
School Library Media Center Procedures
- The School Library Media Center operates on a semi flexible schedule with open circulation throughout the day.
- Small group and class activities that require the use of the Media Center should be coordinated with the Media Coordinator.
- The Media Coordinator and the Teacher must collaborate on class activities.
- Library Patrons should return library materials as soon as they are finished with them so that others will be able to check them out.